Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I join Total Primary Care?
A: New patients to the practice are encouraged to set up a free meet and greet with Dr. Williams to ensure that the practice fits your needs. Please call to set up an appointment with our office at 202-244-9300. The staff will explain the benefits of the program and answer any questions that you may have before meeting with the doctor. If you and the doctor find that the practice is appropriate we will be able to provide you with all of the necessary documents.
Q: What are the benefits of membership in this practice?
A: There are many membership benefits:
- Limited patient enrollment
- Enhanced communication access to your doctor
- Office visits that start on time and last as long as needed
- Same-day appointment availability
- Annual Comprehensive Wellness Examination
- Our continued commitment to personalized care with an emphasis on wellness and prevention
- Dedicated support staff
- Coordination of specialty referrals
Q: Why is an Annual Enrollment Fee required?
A: The Annual Enrollment Fee is a membership fee to ensure limited patient enrollment, which optimizes the doctor to patient ratio.
Q: When can I schedule my annual physical and blood work?
A: Dr. Williams would like to schedule blood work in advance of the physical to allow for results to be available for review.
Patients should fast after midnight the night before blood work is scheduled. Water, diet soda, coffee and tea without cream are allowed.
Both types of appointments will be scheduled in the morning hours.
Q: What should I expect at my annual Physical?
A: Dr. Williams devotes a great deal of time getting to know you. At your first visit and at your subsequent annual check-ups you will spend one to one-and-a-half hours with him exploring your medical history, family background, and work and life experience, as well as doing your physical exam, and performing whatever blood tests or routine diagnostic tests are needed.
He is readily available to help you with any new issues that arise after your visit or to help with problems that require ongoing attention. Every year he will re-assess your health status, review the screening tests you need, and adjust your fitness plan.
- Comprehensive labs (complete metabolic panel, complete blood count, hormone panel, and advanced cholesterol profile).
- Full screenings including family history evaluation and complete past medical history review.
- Full Testing Protocols including, but not limited to, EKG, Pulmonary Function Tests, and Audiology.
- Full explanation of results including an exercise prescription, discussion of health risk factors for cancer & heart disease, laboratory results review, and overall wellness & prevention planning.
- While we will bill your insurance for the physical, you will not be required to pay any additional out-of-pocket fees.
Q: How does Total Primary Care Work with my Health Insurance?
A: Total Primary Care is a membership program that is designed to work in conjunction with, not replace, your traditional health insurance. The Concierge program is designed to work with most commercial insurance plans as an out-of network provider and with Medicare.
- Commercial Insurance (Non-Medicare, Non-HMO) Plans
If you are insured by a commercial insurance plan, you must maintain your health insurance. When you require insurance will be billed at Dr. Williams’ usual and customary rate for your office visit. Patients won’t see additional fees as Dr. Williams will accept whatever the insurance company pays for his services. However, if you have a deductible type plan, then you will receive a bill(s) until the deductible has been met.You will need to continue to use your commercial health insurance for any visits with medical specialists and for hospital, imaging, and lab services.
If Medicare is your primary health insurer, you must maintain your Medicare coverage. When you require care, Medicare (and your secondary insurance if applicable), will be billed at Dr. Williams’ usual and customary rate for your office visit.You will need to continue to use your commercial health insurance for any visits with medical specialists and for hospital, imaging, and lab services.
Q: What do I do when I need a specialist?
A: To ensure continuity of care, we will help coordinate all specialist referrals. We feel communication between primary care physicians and sub-specialists is crucial to your health.